Was bitten by dog and had taken vaccine. Bitten again and had 4 shot vaccine. Proceed with vaccine?

Hello doctors..four month back i was bitten with dog and i had taken 3 shots of vaccine later on 1st june-2013 the same dog bite me again and the dog died after 3days so i proceded with the vaccine i have alread taken 4-shots it there any chance of rabbies also sice last two days i m having itching problem in my body..kindly suggest me
Posted Wed, 17 Jul 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 32 minutes later
Welcome to healthcare magic
You had taken 3 shots of vaccine 4 months back. The same dog bit you that time. A rabid dog cannot live for 4 months. That means the dog did not have rabies at that time and your schedule of 3 shots was more like a pre exposure prophylaxis.

This time even if the dog had rabies you are immunized already and you require only 2 booster doses. Instead of 2 booster you have taken 4 doses already. So your chance of having rabies is almost nil.

However rabies vaccine can cause allergy like hives or even generalized pruritus. Do you have any raised itchy skin rashes ? Where exactly do you have itching ?

Rabies do not present with itching. So please relax.
Hope I have answered your query.
If you have any clarifications I will be happy to help.