Warts on face removed by electrocautery. Scars are remaining. Can I use Bantan cream?

Dermatologist
Question
Hi Doctor,

Three weeks back I got the warts(Seborrheic keratosis) on my face removed by electrocautery. The wounds have healed up completely now, but the scars still remain. Kindly suggest some ointment that can help reduce the scar color and help lighten it. Should I use Banatan cream? Kindly let me know.
Posted Tue, 12 Jun 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 19 hours later
Dear Ms XXXXXXX
Thanks for writing in.
Electrocautery is a semi invasive procedure and is like a controlled burn, where the undesired tissue is burned to get a desirable effect.
Like a burn, when the normal skin comes, it might be light or dark in colour.
In your case, as mentioned, it is dark and hence a mild topical steroidal cream containing desonide or mometasone can be applied under a doctor's guidance and sun avoidance is a must to lighten the area.
This can be done under the supervision of the dermatologist who carried out the procedure.

Dr.Rohit Batra