Warts in neck and below arm. Could you give a permanent solution for this problem?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
Dear Doctor,I have small warts/small outgrowth in my neck and below my arm..kindly suggest me that how can i get rid of that..i have tried a lot homoeopathy medicines but it did not work..could u give a permanent solution for this problem..
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 1 hour later

Warts are commonly caused by viral infections or repeated skin irritation.

I am not sure if you are referring to skin tags which are just excess growth of normal skin (age related change) and it usually occurs in neck and axillary region.

For confirmation of diagnosis, you need to consult a dermatologist who after thorough examination and investigation can suggest apropriate treatment like keratolytics solution, or electrocauterisation or laser removal.

In case of skin tags, the present lesions will be cured but future recurrence might be possible.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.

Follow-up: Warts in neck and below arm. Could you give a permanent solution for this problem? 1 hour later
one more query is that initially i had only one mole/wart,but gradually the number increased..mole & wart are same or different out growth?is there any specific medicine for these problems or minor surgery is the only remedy madam?could u explain it properly madam?thanks a lot..
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 50 minutes later
Thanks for follow up.
A mole is a small, often slightly raised blemish on the skin made dark by a high concentration of it appears like dark raised usually symmetrical bump.they may usually be congenital.If recent or increasing mole noticed it could be malignancy.The benign moles are not usually treated unless for cosmetic reason when minor surgical procedure is required.
A wart is usually a hard rough lump growing on the skin, caused by infection with certain viruses and occurring typically on the hands or feet.They may be of same colour of skin or a sometimes a little darker .They are usually treated with keratolytics like salicylic acid lotion application locally or many other such chemical products , some doctors use freezing technique called cryotherapy.
A skin tag is a small tag of skin or multiple tags that may have a stalk (a peduncle). They may
appear on the skin almost anywhere more common are the eyelids, neck, armpits (axillae), upper
chest, and groin.They are almost of same skin color.
Treatment for skin tags generally is removal with scalpel or scissors or cryotherapy.
Hope I have answered your query.