Wart-like bump on scrotum, itchy, whitish, no pus, soft, smooth. HPV warts?

I have had a wart-like bump on the side of my scrotum for at least 10 years. It is a bit itchy, and is whitish but turns red when i squeeze it. There is no pus, and it is soft and can be squished. It is smooth and round and a bit bigger than the head of a pin. It hasnt really changed in the whole time ive had it.

Could this be HPV warts? Could it have lasted for ten years? Does that mean that my immune system is not fighting hpv like it should and I am more susceptible to high risk HPV like HPV-16?

Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 11 hours later

Thank you for posting the query,

You have provided with good history, but it will be good if you answer few more question to guide you better.

1) How many of such lesions you have?
2) What is the texture of the lesion (smooth, rounded or rough & warty)?
3) When you squeeze it from the sides does it hurt?
4) Do you see a punctum (a small hole) in the center of the lesion?

I would also like to see the lesion as this would help me suggest you better.So if it is possible for you to post a picture it would be good.

You have a feature to upload the reports / image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that.

Based on your history, there seems to be two possibilities.

It could either be a wart (HPV) which actually looks like a warty rough growth, which hurts on lateral pressure. There should be multiple of them as its been there since 10 years. If it is only one, then I would say that your immunity is pretty good and that it has not spread to involve the whole of scrotum.

The second possibility is of sebaceous cyst, which looks like a small whitish round and smooth swelling & does not hurt on lateral pressure. It usually has a punctum in center and can ooze out whitish sebum when pressed.

Both these conditions can be easily treated. But if you can reply me with the answers and the pictures, I would be able to suggest you better.

Awaiting for your reply.

Dr.Bharat Chawda.
Follow-up: Wart-like bump on scrotum, itchy, whitish, no pus, soft, smooth. HPV warts? 10 hours later
It is smooth and there is no pus.

I actually finally went and showed it to a dermatologist today and he said there was no way it was hpv. But he didnt say what it actually was. He just said it was a wart. He froze it off. He said that it couldnt be hpv because hpv warts are almost always on the shaft of the penis
Cancer - penis
Curvature of the penis
Penis care (uncircumcised)
Penis pain
and after ten years there would be more than one. He also said that it didnt look like hpv.

But there was no pus and no punctum. So could he have been wrong and it really was an hpv wart?
Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 10 hours later

Thank you for the reply.

If it is smooth, then it is not a wart or HPV( Human Papilloma Virus).

Probably then it is a sebaceous cyst, but then it should have been extracted out giving a XXXXXXX over the top of it.

But since the doctor has frozen it, let us wait and watch as to how you respond to it.

If there is a recurrence, then kindly post me a picture of the lesion, so that I can guide you better.

“ Wish you Good Health”

Dr.Bharat chawda