Warning letter with livial 2.5 mg. Any new developments on this drug?

I have had a warning letter with my livial 2.5 mg today from my chemist. have their been new developments ? on this drug ?
Posted Thu, 4 Jul 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 33 minutes later
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

There are no new developments with livial. The last updated information was in 2012. Your chemist was likely reminding you of possible side effects to make sure your are aware of potential complications.
These are complications that are possible but may not occur.

Livial is a synthetic or man made steroid that is used for hormone replacement.

It can relieve the symptoms associated with menopause and also reduce the chances of osteoporosis.
The potential complications that he or she may have mentioned in his letter are:
(1) increased risk of breast cancer
(2) increased risk of changes in the endometrium which is the lining of the uterus and increased risk of endometrial cancer
(3) increased risk of clot formation
(4) increased risk of stroke

As stated before some persons do not experience any of these complications but your chemist wanted to ensure that you were aware of the possibilities.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions