Warm sensation in chest on upper left side, no pain or tingling. What is it?

Warm sensation in chest on upper left side, no pain more warmth/tingling
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 17 minutes later
Hello and thanks for query.
I understand your concern as any person feeling any thing on his or her left side of chest always becomes tense.
I will be needing some informations from you before being able to help or guide you.
Are you suffering from hypertension,diabetes or hypercholesteremia?
Do you suffer from any pain in chest?
Is there any sweating or palpitations associated?
Is there any radiation of pain in your left hand?
Is there any numbness in your left hand?
Is there any associated hyperacidity or bloating?
Have you ever been investigated for any problem?
Are you taking any medication?

Waiting for your reply.
Follow-up: Warm sensation in chest on upper left side, no pain or tingling. What is it? 58 minutes later
I intially saw an MD for the pressure in my chest and rapid heartbeat, I had chest pressure in the center of my chest but not pain. NO sweating or dizzyness/nausea. There is no numbness in the left arm or hand. There is no tightness/pain/pressure when I take XXXXXXX breaths.

I have had en EKG and an Echo with blood work to test my Thyroid etc. The Echo was normal as was all the blood work, the EKG showed a rapid heart beat at more than 90-114 beats per min

I have an ongoing issue with acid reflux and I've taken Nexium for the problem and other like medications over time.

I am currently takeing Atenolol 25mg to reduce the rapid heart rate and control the high blood pressure.

Is there any reason for the sensation?
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 6 hours later

Thanks for the information.

Once your blood test regarding thyroid and EKG and ECHO regarding cardiac status are normal,you should relax and ignore warmth and tingling sensations and heart area.
Increased heart rate can be present in a person without any heart ailment.
Common causes in such situation can be
Increased intake of nicotine and caffeine
Use of diet pills etc

Your doctor is absolutely right in prescribing atenolol as it will take care of your increased heart rate and high blood pressure.

Hope I answered all your questions. Please use any answer clarification before closing and rating this answer. I will be happy to explain or expand on any issue you may have

Thanks and good luck.