Warm feeling in leg. Is this the cause of concern?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have a warm feeling in my top part of my leg ,it come and goes should I have iI have it checked mo pain only feels l warm once and while
Posted Tue, 12 Nov 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be due to Vitamin B 12 deficiency

Detailed Answer:
The occasional warm feeling in the leg can happen due to injury to the back or spinal cord, Lack of blood supply to the legs as a result of plaque formation in the blood vessels, diabetes, stroke, multiple sclerosis and underactive thyroid. Abnormal levels of calcium, potassium, or sodium in your body and a lack of vitamin B12 can also cause such abnormal sensations.

Firstly, I’ll request you to get your blood sugar/HbA1c (glycated hemoglobin) tested to rule out Diabetes mellitus. Also get your thyroid hormones levels evaluated. You can take some vit B12 for some days and see if the symptoms improve.
These are minor symptoms and are not worrisome but need to be investigated.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.