Warm area around wrists, pulsing artery in palm, slight protrusion. MRI scan of brain done. Causes for this?

Cardiologist, Interventional
Question
hi there
i had an mri brain yesterday at noon. upon returning home at approx 3pm i noticed warmth around my wrist area
in the evening, i noticed a pulsing artery in my palm, lower middle and i could also see the pulse on both my wrists at a certain point on each wrist.
in the case of my left wrist, the wrist was pulsating in synchronicity with my palm artery. it is a slight protrusion. not large. there is no redness. and the heated feeling is now gone.
my blood pressure is 100/70 and my pulse is 80.
can you tell me why i am experiencing this all of a sudden and whether it should be examined more.
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 3 hours later

I guess all symptoms you described are at the site of intravenous access and it's likely to be a small hematoma or fluid extravasations. In that case you don't have to worry. I assume you don't have any other symptoms such as itching, giddiness.

Though I would caution you to see your physician if the pulsation increases or you develop additional symptoms as described by me in previous sentence.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Follow-up: Warm area around wrists, pulsing artery in palm, slight protrusion. MRI scan of brain done. Causes for this? 9 hours later
Nothing injected intravenous
Is it XXXXXXX fOr wrists to pulse
And palm

Hello.

Thanks for writing again.

No it's not XXXXXXX and you need not to worry unless it increases in size or produces pain.

I hope, this helps. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.

Wish you good health.

Regards.