Wants to get an abortion, have remitting relapsing multiple sclerosis. Advise for abortion pills?

i'm a 20 year old,psychology student, i have RRMS (remitting relapsing multiple sclerosis) i'm 2 week pregnant and i want to get an abortion done,through abortion pills, could you please help me with the right dosage?
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 44 minutes later
Hi Konika,

I can understand your situation, but I am sorry to say that it is not possible to advise about abortion pills dosage and advise without examining you in person.

In general also it is not advisable to take abortion pills without proper advise from a Gynecologist.

It is better that you visit a doctor in your city and get your self examined.

Abortion pills at times can lead to serious side effects like excessive bleeding, vomiting, abdominal pain etc.

This pills are effective till first 45 days of pregnancy.

Please visit a gynecologist for this and take his/her advise.

I hope this answers your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Follow-up: Wants to get an abortion, have remitting relapsing multiple sclerosis. Advise for abortion pills? 29 hours later
i got my sonography done, apparently the "sac" has not been formed yet. so i decided to see a gynecologist who prescribed me with norethisterone 5 mg, according to him and my sonography my ovaries are still intact and dosent seem to be affected but i have chances to get pregnant, how helpful is the medication?
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 6 hours later

Good to hear from you again.

It is good that you have visited a doctor. As per the sonogram report there are chances that you might not be pregnant. Normally by 5-6 weeks the sac is formed and you can confirm pregnancy. At times, in some patients the sac is not seen this early and one needs to wait for atleast a week more.

As per the treatment given to you, it seems that your doctor might be thinking that you are not pregnant and the drug given to you will lead to withdrawal bleeding once you finish the course.

Some hormonal abnormality might have lead you to miss your period.

Please take the drug as advised by your doctor and go for regular follow up too.

Dr. Pragnesh
Follow-up: Wants to get an abortion, have remitting relapsing multiple sclerosis. Advise for abortion pills? 12 hours later
Do i still have a chance of being pregnant?
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 10 hours later
Hi again,

Good to hear from you.

The chances of you being pregnant are very less.

As I have replied earlier, by this time (that is 6 weeks) the gestational sac should be have seen on ultrasound if you are pregnant. In small number of patients, due to some hormonal deficiency this is seen late.

Follow up ultrasound scan, may be a week later will clear the doubts.

The tablets given to you is normally used for timing of menstruation or to have withdrawal bleeding, I think you should bleed after taking this tablet, which will put speculation to rest.

Dr. Pragnesh