Wants to check fertility and STD status before marriage. What tests must be done?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
I need to know if i am fit to lead a married life.I dont feel anything bad abt me but to ensure i am good enough.How can i go abt this.
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Follow-up: Wants to check fertility and STD status before marriage. What tests must be done? 5 minutes later
What are the tests conducted and how are they performed.This is just to be well informed and be prepared.what will i be asked to do.

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later

To find out if you can lead a normal married life you can go to your physician or an infertility clinic for a semen examination and blood tests like testosterone levels and STD screening.

For blood tests blood sample is taken and semen sample is collected after three days of abstinence by masturbation.

I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.

Follow-up: Wants to check fertility and STD status before marriage. What tests must be done? 16 hours later
Thanks for your answer.As its going to be something new i am keen to know as how semen would be collected.Will some apparatus be used for that or just by masturbating.Also do let know what parameters are considered to declare me fit.

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 33 hours later
Hello.

Thanks for writing again.

Semen sample is collected by masturbation.

The parameters considered are according to the tests performed. The tests needed will be guided to you by your physician depending on the physical examination.

Hope this is helpful. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.

Regards.