Wants to check cholesterol levels. What tests must I do?

i want check my cholesterol what can do pls guide me
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Cholesterol
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 5 minutes later

Thank you for posting your query.

If you are concerned about testing your Cholesterol levels, pay a visit to a qualified symptoms or health issues if any and give a detailed history.

After a thorough physical evaluation your Doctor will recommend you to get your Cholesterol and blood sugars tested as a part of routine health check-up.

If the values are within normal ranges, there is no need for concern but if your test results aren't within desirable ranges, your doctor may recommend more frequent measurements. He/she may also suggest you have more frequent tests if you have a family history of high cholesterol, heart disease or other risk factors, like smoking, diabetes or high blood pressure.

You can also get back to me with the test reports.

Good Luck.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.