Want treatment for chlamydia and herpes. Could you prescribe Azithromycin?

i was diagnosed with chlamydia and herpes, i would like to get the treatment for chlamydia and herpes? i would like to know i you could prescribe azithromycin to my local pharmacy? and a treatment for herpes?
Posted Sun, 16 Sep 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 3 hours later
Hello and thank you for sending your question.

Your question is a good one and I will work on providing you with some information and recommendations.

First I want to make sure you understand that we are not able to actually provide you a physical prescription to obtain at a local pharmacy.

You do need antibiotics to clear the chlamydia. Antiviral medication will help to keep the virus under control regarding the herpes virus. you should also understand that herpes is not something which can be cured. Antiviral medications will help to reduce the symptoms of outbreaks. If you would like to decrease the risk that you will have additional outbreaks in the future you might consider taking antiviral medication on a regular basis.

In order to obtain a prescription you will need to approach a physician who is licensed in your state. Otherwise you might see a physician at a local emergency room or urgent care center.

Dr. Robert