Want to use dexedrine tablets to control myself from eating outside. Any ideas?

Question
I want to use dexedrine tablets for a week to break my appetitie and control my self from over eating outside.I Cannot restrain my self from eating food out side my home,though i'm not hungry i just feel like eating all the time outside and also i try to control it but end up eating in a day or two
Posted Fri, 20 Jul 2012 in Eating Disorders

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 1 hour later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

Dexedrine contains dextroamphetamine sulfate.

It is a psychostimulant drug, used to treat ADHD and narcolepsy.

Anorexia and weight loss is its side effect.

As Dexedrine may lead to drug dependence and have serious side effects, you should not use it.

Low energy food diets and regular exercise is best way to treat obesity.

Cobese capsule reduces absorption of fats. You can discuss about it with your Physician.

If you have further query, please feel free to ask.

With good wishes,

Follow-up: Want to use dexedrine tablets to control myself from eating outside. Any ideas? 14 minutes later
i also have the syptoms of narcolepsy and ADHD and what amount of drug do u suggest me sir and i weigh about 108kgs

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 36 minutes later

Welcome again,

For treatment of ADHD and narcolepsy, you require examination and evaluation by a Psychiatrist.

Drugs used for treatment are available through prescription only, and dose varies from patient to patient, therefore you should consult a Psychiatrist.

Treatment available is psycho-education, methylphenidate, amphetamine atomexatine etc.

Your psychiatrist will decide type of treatment and dose suitable for you.

To prevent absorption of fat you can use Cobese with consent of your physician.

There is no use of Dulcolax in your case. You can use Unienzyme for digestion.

With good wishes,