Want to understand the risk factors and precautions about exact treatment for Australia antigen

Dear doctor,
god bless you and live long life to serve the humanity. sir here my concern question about the exact treatment for australia antigen, precautions and risk factors and how to avoid those risk factors. As it is contigeniuos how to prevent other family members including own childrens and is there any vaccinations that can be taken immidiate. Please do suggest and guide us in simple and understandable manner. Thanks a lot, looking forward to hear you. regards.
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later

I understand your concern and I will try to explain in simple terms since this problem is very complicated to understand.

Australia antigen positive means Suffering from hepatitis B .
A person with hepatitis B is evaluated and monitored constantly to look for any sign of liver damage as this liver damage if not controlled can lead to liver cirrhosis or liver cancer.
You should always be under the guidance of a Gastroenterologist.
Your children should also be investigated for hepatitis b infection and if found positive are monitored or treated accordingly.

If they are negative then a full course of hepatitis B vaccine is given.
I hope to have answers your query however you can revert to me for any follow up.
Thanks and good luck.