Want to take 5-HLT to lose appetite, no heart issues, do not take blood pressure medication. What dosage should I take?

I'm interested in taking 5-DLT to help with losing appetite - I'm 54 and 120 lbs and should weigh closer to 180 or so. My metabo has decreased although I've been exercising and just can't lose more than a few lbs a month if I eat right. I'd like to take 5-DLT and don't know what dose I should take. I'm not at risk with heart issues. I don't take any blood pressure medicine. I read that I should include carbidopa too, due to possible hypertention issues that 5-DLT may cause. I wouldn't know what dost to get of that - but want to see a Dr before I go too far.
I meant to say I weigh 220 not 120... oops
I'm sorry again - I meant 5-HLT in the note above (not 5-DLT)- truly sorry...
Can you advise me informally?
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Weight & Lifestyle
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 9 hours later
Drugs taken to suppress the appetite are often used in association with dietary modifications to help with the weight loss. There are many such drugs available but almost all of them do have some side effects and cause a rebound gain in weight on stopping them.
Please do specify the composition of 5-HLT which you intend to use for appetite suppression so that I can help you better.
Appetite suppressants can help you to lose weight while you are learning new ways to eat and to exercise, but changes in eating habits and activity level must be developed and continued to ensure long-term weight loss.
Awaiting your reply.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Want to take 5-HLT to lose appetite, no heart issues, do not take blood pressure medication. What dosage should I take? 39 hours later
Thank you! The type of 5-HLT is listed in this U of MD Medical School page:
I was going to buy the following:
I would also be interested in "vitamins" that can be combined with my exercise to increase metabolism.

Thank you!
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
5- hydroxy tryptamine is not being used clinically as appetite suppressant and its efficacy in many subjects is doubtful. It might decrease the need of klonapin but how far it will be effective in losing the weight is doubtful.
Routine vitamin supplements will be helpful in supplying your body with the essential nutrients if you are following dietary restrictions for losing weight.
To help your weight loss, you can get appetite suppressants like phentermine prescribed from your physician after ruling out the contraindications.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.