Want to stop masturbating because I am not able to gain weight

Psychiatrist
Question
hi im XXXXXXX 28 age, 163cm single
dear doctor i hve a problem abt.. sex.. i want to stop self SEX { Masturbation } so pls help me ... i am not putting weight due to this..

YYYY@YYYY
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Men Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 2 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX

I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.

Important aspects of your query are:

•     28 year old male
•     Complaints of: worry related to masturbation and inability to gain weight

It is usual to experience weakness after masturbation as it is a physical and emotional exercise. But believe me it does not have any effect on weight.

Weakness after masturbation usually last for 1 hr but if masturbation is associated with guilt of masturbation then it can last longer because of psychological reasons.

Masturbation is not harmful for health and more than 80% man and woman masturbate in some point of the time. In present situation if you are not masturbating more than 3-4 times per week than there is no problem. If you are masturbating more even then it is not harmful but it is better to decrease the frequency of it.

Even past history of excessive masturbating does not affect patient condition, but if you have guilt then it can increase your worry and anxiety.

Final message: Do not worry and enjoy masturbation whenever you do it without any guilt.

I hope this answer your query.

Wish you good health.