Want to remove skin tag under eyebrow, neck and chest. How to remove it safely?

I want to remove skin tag (wart), which is under the eyebrow, and on my neck and chest. Can you let me know the best way to remove those. especially the one which is on my face
Posted Tue, 16 Jul 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 55 minutes later
Skin tags or acrochordons are benign growths of skin. Warts are human papilloma virus infection of skin.
These two are different entities.
Both of these can be removed by Electrocautery or RF cautery effectively. Now a days many doctors offer to do CO2 laser for the same. However results are just the same and RF or Electrocautery is more cost effective than laser
Prior to doing the procedure either we apply a local anaesthetic cream ( for half an hour) or inject the same and then do cautery. Its a day time procedure hardly taking 4 to 5 minutes with injected LA. Once the lesions are removed, slight crusting occurs in the area which heals in about a week.

Hope that answered your query. It would be great if you could upload an image of your lesion so that the diagnosis can be confirmed and advise be given if any further management is required.