Want to reduce weight, am overweight, taking Thyronorm

am over weight , my wedding is fixed need to reduce my weight i am having thyronorm 100 mg
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Weight Loss
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later

I understand your real concern to look good on a wedding day. I would like to know whether the Serum Thyroid stimulating hormone level (TSH) levels are within normal limits or not. Un controlled hypothyroidism can really hamper your efforts to reduce weight.

If thyroxine is sufficiently supplemented, then a watchful diet and regular exercise plus few behavioural modifications can do the trick.

Regular exercise can come in the form of 35 min brisk walk (90 steps per minute) on at least 6 days a week. Each day, your diet should consist of 4 cups of cereal grain (rice or wheat), 4 cups of vegetable, 2 cups of fruit and 1 cup of protein (dal). Add 1 cup of milk and 1 cup of curd or 2 glasses of buttermilk in daily routine. The vegetable should be boiled or baked. 7 hours of sleep and 12 glasses of water a day can augment your efforts to the goal.

Avoid chocolate, juice, colas and ice cream. Restrict junk food which has empty calories and add weight.

Next, list out all the unhealthy behaviour you may have. Note in your dairy and choose the easiest one to modify first. Work to turn this habit into a healthy one within 2 weeks and follow a similar routine for the rest of them. Strike them all off one by one in your dairy ASAP.

Hope this helps.