Want to reduce weight. What would you recommend?

Hi my name is XXXXXX 23 yrs old. 5'10". Generally healthy. Currently weigh 70 kg . Goal is to weigh 60 kg by XXXXXXX 01st.2013 . Anyway I purchased a nutribullet still waiting for it to arrive. I want to try a three week juicing diet so that it can speed up my weight loss of 10 kilos. Anyway I was wondering if doing so plus exercising 5-6 days a week (insanity 60) will work efficiently. And how would I go about keeping the ten kilos off once Ive completed it.Should I simply stick to fruits and vegetables only for another month and gradually start eating other things as well. What would you recommend ? Thanks a lot
Posted Mon, 20 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 7 hours later
I appreciate your zeal to be fit, but  strategies like juice fasts, skipping meals, and cutting way back on calories aren’t sustainable in the long term, so any weight loss is likely to come back once you return to your normal eating patterns.
Here’s another reason to think twice about juicing to lose weight: research shows that drinking your calories leaves you feeling less satisfied than if you were to eat those calories.
 Whole, unprocessed fruits and vegetables are healthier because they generally have more phytochemicals (the compounds behind the disease-fighting benefits of produce).

Juice fasting is a trend in vogue today but scientific data are lacking in this regard but still many people are resorting to such practices.
In my opinion,if you actually want to go for juice fasting,do it under the supervision of a trained professional like naturopath in conjunction with a exercise physiologist or a fitness specialist.
The basic idea should be not to go below 1400 calories as going too low can shut your metabolism and prevent you from loosing anything in long run.

Eating five or six mini-meals of about 250 to 300 calories each will boost your metabolism and help you lose weight faster.
I would want to explain the mathematics of weight loss so that you can decide the path to be chosen,whether to go fast on loosing weight and having the danger of getting the weight back or to go very slow and achieving the results with no danger of weight coming back.

To lose one pound by exercising, you need to burn approximately 3,500 calories. (2.2 pound is one kg).
This can be done by exercising and cutting calories.
Walking or jogging uses roughly 100 calories per mile.
One would lose a pound for every 35 miles of walk (provided food intake and other activities are constant.)
Walking briskly (4 miles per hour) for 30 minutes on five days a week will be equal to walking 10 miles a week. So it would take 3 ½ weeks to lose one pound (provided the number of calories stays the same.
Cutting back by 250 calories a day (½ cup of ice cream or two sugar-sweetened sodas) will lead to a loss of a pound in two weeks.
By eating 250 fewer calories and walking for 30 minutes a day, it would take a week to lose one pound.

So by going just a little slow can make you loose 22 pounds( 10 kgs ) in 22 weeks and without any danger of fast crawling back of weight.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck