Want to reduce weight. Suggestions?

I want to reduce my weight

plz help
Posted Fri, 30 Aug 2013 in Weight Loss
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Reduce calories and exercise daily

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX

To reduce weight, you need to reduce calorie intake in your food and exercise daily for atleast 20 min.

I usually advise the following to my patients for weight loss:

- Avoid high calorie foods especially the milk products like cheese, butter, ghee, ice-creams, cakes, chocolates etc
- Take more of fibers in meals like fruits and raw vegetables (salad) during each meal. Digestive biscuits can replace other high calorie cookies, etc
- Take regular meals. You may take 3 meals and 3 small snacks in a day
- Take a hearty breakfast but avoid taking a heavy dinner
- Drink plenty of water and other fluids like tender coconut water, fresh juices, fresh soups, lemon juice etc.
- Avoid the carbonated drinks like coke, Pepsi etc.
- Avoid taking snacks immediately before or around the meal timings, as it affects the appetite hence the intake of food, resulting in unbalanced food intake.
- Be Consistent as it takes time for the body to adjust and show the desired results.
- Keep away from junk foods, as these often contain bad oils and very less nutrition.

Exercises are also very important for you. With regular and correct exercises you would be able to convert the proteins into muscles and hence gain healthy weight. Brisk walk and light weight training is helpful. Aerobic exercises are also helpful. Do not do any exercise beyond your capacity. Take a small snack before you go for exercise. Take help from a professional fitness trainer to formulate the exercise pattern best suited to you.

Lastly, keep a note of your daily weight in a dairy. Also if you can let me know your weight and height, I will be better able to help.

Dr Vaishalee