Want to reduce weight. Could you suggest diet plan for me?

I am 5.3 in height, 61 kgs. I want to reduce my weight. Could you please suggest a diet plan for me?
Posted Sat, 6 Apr 2013 in Diet Plans
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 2 hours later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

You BMI is 23.7 - in the NORMAL RANGE.
You do not have to reduce...!
If you still prefer to reduce, dietician can help. You need regular exercise.

You have to reduce the QUANTITY of your food and change the QUALITY too.
Because it is going to be a long term affair, it is difficult to follow special regimes...
Modifying your family and regional eating habits will be enough.

It is not possible to explain or understand the nuances on a single occasion.
To start with, reduce the amount to one third of what you are presently taking. Avoid all fats – they have double the energy of carbohydrates. You should see a good DIETICIAN - One generally needs SEVERAL sessions, to master concepts of calories, nutritional values, biological value, vitamins, minerals and so on.

Weight is like bank account.
The account grows when you withdraw less (Cut down unnecessary physical work) and you deposit more (eat more). If the weight is picking up, it only means – the exercise is not enough or the food is more.

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck