Want to prepone periods. Suggest?

Mar 2013
Hello Doc... I am suppose to have my periods Oct 20th but i want to prepone it by 2 to 3 days, can i do that
Posted Mon, 14 Oct 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing to us with your health concern.
With the help of medications, periods can definitely be preponed or postponed.
Generally, progesterone group of medications are used for this.
If a patient comes into my clinic, wanting to have periods earlier, then this is what I would do.
I would ask her to start tablets like Meprate ( 10 mg. twice a day ) for 5 days starting from the 5th of October onwards.
The tablets would end by the 10th of October.
Then a withdrawal period would occur maximum within a week.
Another good method is to start taking the same dosage of Meprate from 15th - 16th of October onwards.
You can continue taking the medication as long as you do not wish to have your periods.
Once you stop, again withdrawal bleeding would occur within a week.
This is not a prescription meant for you, but a general idea.
It is always recommended to consult your gynecologist for a proper prescription after examining you, considering height, weight age, medical history etc. before starting such drugs.
Also, if your cycles are not regular, then the dates even after taking progesterone would not be very reliable.
All the best.
Please feel free to ask any further follow up questions.
Follow-up: Want to prepone periods. Suggest? 18 minutes later
Hello Doctor, Thanks for your reply. I am based in Mumbai, will i get these tablets here. I would like to start on 5th October and then get my periods may be 16th to 17th October. Is there any specific name...
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 0 minute later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Of course you can get the tablets in Mumbai.
I have already mentioned a sample name for you, but I strongly discourage you from using it without prescription by a gynecologist.
All the best.