Want to prepone my periods. What tablet should I take?

May 2013
I need to start my menstrual cycle 5 days before the last due date, can you let m e know the tablet for the same..
Posted Wed, 6 Jun 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 3 hours later
thanks for the query.
to prepone the periods the available options are,
1.using different kinds of progesterones
- micronised progesterone tablets like susten or injections, or
- medroxy progesterone acetate tablets like divery
2.using oral contraceptive pills containing estrogen and progesterone.

preferred method is using progesterones. To use them for preponing the periods you should preferably start them before 15 days.
these tablets should be taken for 5 days, during that period progesterone levels rise and after stopping the tablets within 5 to 7 days withdrawal bleeding will occur, remember this is not actual period.
Using tablets for preponing the periods may make the next cycles irregular.
And people with obesity, XXXXXXX vein thrombosis, heart problems etc should take consultation of doctor before taking tablets.
So, better consult your local gynecologist once and choose the tablets.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please do not forget to accept it.
take care
Follow-up: Want to prepone my periods. What tablet should I take? 15 hours later
Ok Doctor Thanks for your advice... i spoke to my doctor she said you can't prepond but you can pospone the period by taking Primulot N 5 mg tablet - 1 No daily starting from 21st... Once you stop this tablet your period start... So doc what do u say are there any side effects if i take thsi tablet, also if i am taking this tablet will i not get the periods on that particular day, is it sure ABOUT IT.
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 13 hours later
As I told if you start tablets 15 days before expected periods you can prepone, if you are not having that much time better to postpone them.
You can use the tablets suggested by your doctor, after stopping tablets within 2 to 5 days you will get periods.
If you continuously use the tablets preferably at the same time everyday you will not get periods normally. If you miss even one day dose there is a chance of withdrawal bleeding.
There are some side effects which can occur with these tablets like nausea, bloating sensation, breast tenderness etc and there is chance of menstrual irregularities in future cycles.
Don't worry all the women will not experience these symptoms. But be cautious if symptoms become severe day by day better stop the drug and consult your gynecologist.
Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please accept it.
take care