Want to know if there is a lotion with glycolic and salipeel for pimples and marks

Dermatologist
Question
Dr. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX has recommended the following tips for my pimples and marks. But i want a clear understanding, have included my comments in the bracket

1. You may get good benefit with a combination of Glycolic and salipeels done 15 days apart. (did not understand,do we get any cream or lotion which has these combinations..?)

2. use a mild cleanser like cetaphil for daily washing.(is this available in Bangalore..? If not what is the option)

3. use a non-comedogenic sunscreen in morning and afternoon even if you are indoors. (can you suggest any sunscreen lotion that is available in Bangalore)

4. use a combination of clindamycin and benzoyl peroxide (clindoxyl) once daily at night (did not understand, do we get any cream or lotion which has these combinations..?)
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Acne

Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 40 minutes later
the peels are clinic based treatments. you will have to consult a dermatologist personally for this. you may see dr venkatram mysore in Banglore.
Cetaphil is available in Banglore. Use it 2-3 times daily

Non-comedogenic sunscreen like Ansolar or Cetaphil Sunscreen.

. Combination...Clindoxyl is the brand name.

Follow-up: Want to know if there is a lotion with glycolic and salipeel for pimples and marks 15 minutes later
Dr. here are my comments in the bracket:

the peels are clinic based treatments. you will have to consult a dermatologist personally for this. you may see dr venkatram mysore in Banglore (sure will do that)

Cetaphil is available in Banglore. Use it 2-3 times daily (noted)

Non-comedogenic sunscreen like Ansolar or Cetaphil Sunscreen.. (will my complexion look darker after the application and will it suit my skin..?)

Combination...Clindoxyl is the brand name. (i should apply clindoxyl gel during the day..?)

Also i have noticed that pimples appear in the same place on my face, fades off by leaving a XXXXXXX and reappers again in the same place. My pimples look white, what could be the reasons..?

Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 46 hours later
Sorry for the delay in replying as I was out of town.

Clindoxyl apply on the pimples at night.

Ansolar and cetaphil are high-end sunscreens with excellent acceptability. You will not have any problems.

It is common for the pimples to break out again and again on the same area. Using Clindoxyl and salipeels will have a beneficial effect on the underlying active sebaceous gland and thus reduce the recurrence.

This treatment regimen will surely help you.

Please keep me posted about the progress.

Thanks

Follow-up: Want to know if there is a lotion with glycolic and salipeel for pimples and marks 8 minutes later
Dr,

Thanks for the reply.

I did not get some of the creams that you had asked me to use, so What i did was, i bought Cetaphil facewash, benzoyl peroxide gel and adapalene cream 0.1%

I use benzoyl in the morning time when i leave to office and adapalene only during night time.

Is this fine...?

Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 4 minutes later
this is ok. But may cause irritation.

Just be alert about that, if you feel any irritation with either BPO or adapelene, stop using them..Do use a sunscreen

Follow-up: Want to know if there is a lotion with glycolic and salipeel for pimples and marks 20 minutes later
have started using it from past 2 days and did not have any irritation.

But in case it happens then i will stop. So is there any other option if i stop using one of them...?

Also i found Cetaphil sunscreen expensive...can i use lotus...? or any other sunscreen which is affordable...?

Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 21 hours later
Cetaphil is very user friendly.
Alternatively you may use, Suncros or Shadowz 30.
Continue with BPO and adapelene