Ask a Urologist   »  

Want to know if the procedure for circumcision is simple and how it is done

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I need to get circucision done. Would like to know if the procedure is simple and how it is done? What is the intensity of the pain procedure? How much would it cost and from where it can be done in Mumbai?
Posted Thu, 4 Oct 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 6 hours later
Circumcision is a small procedure and is done as a day care surgery in some places.
A short anaesthesia is given for the procedure. Circumcision is a quick, safe and simple external operation that can be performed under local anaesthetic in the doctor's office. Indoor stay is not required.
You can get it done from a urologist for best results.
Regarding the cost of the treatment, it depends on the place and varies from hospital to hospital. In Mumbai, it should be nearly 5000INR.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Want to know if the procedure for circumcision is simple and how it is done 4 hours later
Dear Dr. Tayal,
Thank you for your reply!
I also wanted to know whether this procedure is painfull (especially post surgery). How long does it take to heal? I am 37yrs old and was recently treated for kidney stones (though there was no surgery involved, but was treated with medinces) and now I am perfectly fine. Will this be problem to perform circumcision? Lastly, how soon I can get on-to my normal life post surgery?
Many thanks
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 8 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
Having medicines for renal stones recently is not going to affect your circumcision.
Only a minor tolerable pain is there after surgery which can be taken care of with medicines. The wound usually heals in 5-7 days. You can be back to your normal sexual life in two weeks.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.