Want to know bout IVF. What are the chances of getting positive results and side effect?

Question
Hello ! I wanna know bout IVF ? In which scenario ,do you think chances are more of getting positive results ?
Also , what are the side effects ?
Posted Fri, 23 Aug 2013 in Infertility Problem

Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 21 hours later

IVF is safe and effective for women who fail to conceive with IUI or conventional methods. The side effects are rare and may include ovarian hyper stimulation, pelvic infection, organ injury and risk of anaesthesia. The success rate is about 30 percent.

Hope I answered all your queries. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Follow-up: Want to know bout IVF. What are the chances of getting positive results and side effect? 58 minutes later
No I wanna know that in which scenario do you think chances of concieving are more ? I mean you must have heard that in this kind of problem if one goes for IVF , mostly women get success ....

Also what do thy do after retrieving eggs ? How does this proc work ?When they insert it back & how many eggs ?

What is the reson that in most of the females it fails

Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 6 hours later

Conception rates are higher in younger women with normal FSH, good AMH, those who are relaxed, have normal uterus and endometrium, normal weight, no endometriosis or pelvic infection.

The process starts commonly on day 21 of cycle with lupride or similar - and then from day 2 of periods daily ink till follicles are around 18-20 mm - and then ink hCG 30 or so hrs after egg aspiration under anaesthesia from vagina - to these sperms are added in incubator and finally embryo transfer after 2-5 days in the uterus.

Pregnancy blood test is done 15 days after embryo transfer to confirm pregnancy.

Usually 2 embryos are transferred; sometimes more in women with tubal block or other conditions like endometriosis.

Hope this answers the query. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Follow-up: Want to know bout IVF. What are the chances of getting positive results and side effect? 6 days later
Hi! What are do's & dont's afetr ET ? What precautions to be taken & diet ? How to increase the chances of conception ? Normally after how many days after embryo transfer get placed in uterus ? At the age of 35 if ET is done ? Then do u think chances are there if ny tubes are blocked ? Transfering of embryos to uterus aare decided by whom ? What if ty transfer nly 2 ?
what is FSH & AHM?
after Et - Only bed rest is advisable ? what if we move a bit or sit rather than lying on bed ? What if we turn our legs ??

Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 17 hours later
bed rest is better for 2-3 weeks after IVF. Thereafter normal daily schedule can be followed. there is no need to take complete bed rest unless specified by the treating doctor. it's common to see women going to work after IVF. Posture in bed in early pregnancy can be straight curled turned leg folded crossed or any other comfortable position. One can safely visit loo only constipation need to be avoided.

Follow-up: Want to know bout IVF. What are the chances of getting positive results and side effect? 5 hours later
hi ! You have answered my last question only > There are 2 more question that I had asked ...please reply
what are the syptoms of conceiving after ET

Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 7 hours later
Typically there are no symptoms till 5 weeks of pregnancy. There may be nausea vomiting mood swings lower abdominal pain lack of appetite . The surest way to detect pregnancy is to go in for blood preg test 14 days after ET

Follow-up: Want to know bout IVF. What are the chances of getting positive results and side effect? 2 days later
so after ET ..when embryo get implanted ?very first day nly ? so if female is not having ny nausea /vomitting or have observed no change in body ..that means it is not successful ? Is there ny procd to get to know sooner that result is positive or not ? My friend got it done , she is havinng pains in legs nd same feeling that she experienced before getting down . leg pain , slight abdominal pain so is it normal?
Should pineapple /papaya nd all should be avoided ? what should be the diet that one should follow after ET .? what should be avoided ? have heard should not eat chineese food ?

Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 30 hours later
It is an Indian idea to avoid papaya pineapple etc. but they hardly can cause any damage. Chineese to be avoided in pregnancy

Follow-up: Want to know bout IVF. What are the chances of getting positive results and side effect? 18 hours later
please check the above question as well ..remain unanswered

Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 1 hour later
implantation starts occurring after transfer. not all preg women have nausea. nausea starts at 5 wks of preg ie 3 wks after ET. a normal healthy diet is recommended. routine physical activity to be undertaken the no of embryos transferred is guided by the quality of embryos and the law regulating IVF

Follow-up: Want to know bout IVF. What are the chances of getting positive results and side effect? 1 hour later
Can I get the hcg test done after 11th day also? will I get to knw nything by urine test

Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 4 hours later
it's best to test after 14 days urine after 3wks

Follow-up: Want to know bout IVF. What are the chances of getting positive results and side effect? 36 hours later
After ET if one is not feeling ny heaviness in uterus or feeling very normal like b4 very lite so does that mean ET is not successful.Ideally one should feel something inSide uterus after 13 days na

an intrauterine preg may not be felt till5 mths. it's not necessary to feel heavy

Follow-up: Want to know bout IVF. What are the chances of getting positive results and side effect? 2 hours later
What is pregtest ? How much shud it come so that it is considered positive ?

Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 1 minute later
it's urine pregnancy test . for positive test you get 2 lines. done a wk after missed periods

Follow-up: Want to know bout IVF. What are the chances of getting positive results and side effect? 17 minutes later
They have asked to do hcg test after 14 test guess that is a blood test so wanna knw how much units shUd b there ? Also there is no haeviness feeling during the day but during nite while sleeping right nd lefy side pain is felt like v used to get down ...why this pain?

Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 3 minutes later
beta hcg values more than 20 is positive but more importantly rising levels over 48 hours (beta hcg). pain can occur with or without preg and does not determine anything. high or sometimes low progesterone levels can cause pain. there is no adequate explanation for this any where. pl bring down your anxiety levels

Follow-up: Want to know bout IVF. What are the chances of getting positive results and side effect? 14 minutes later
Fragmin injection gestone injection is for what?? Also when ET cycle fails so one gets down as per date nly?

Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 9 minutes later
inj fragmin and gestone may increase implantation rates and are routinely prescribed after IVF. because of gestone and support medications there may be no bleeding or only spotting at 14-15 days after ET . the routine is to do beta hcg and if positive to continue gestone etc what u r taking now. if negative b hcg then all medicines are stopped and proper flow usually starts in 2-5 days.
u can list all your queries or may ask for a telephonic consultation .