Want to know about Emuaid for hidradenitis suppurativa.

Has anyone ever heard of / used / recommended a product called "EMUAID" for Hidradentitis Suppurativa? My husband has been suffering with this affliction for 35 years and now myteenage daughter is too. This product claims to bring relief, but I cannot find anything about this product or its manufacturer "Speer Labratories" on the internet - only the website for the product. Any insight - we're desparate for relief.
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 8 hours later
EMUAID is a proprietary medicine and has been said to be beneficial in wound healing. Hidradenitis Suppurativa is an autoimmune disease and lesions might erupt again and again.
Emuaid may produce relief in erosions and ulcerations that occur after the new lesions burst open.
Drugs like acitretin and other biologics have been shown to be effective in decreasing new lesions.
I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no further queries.

Dr.Rohit Batra