Want to increase height with help of medication. Any suggestion?

hello sir, i'm 21 years young girl . i'm just 4.8 inches and i want to my height 5.2 or 5.3 inches. could u please suggest me about to increase my height with the help of medicine? please sir i need your help.
Posted Fri, 26 Apr 2013 in Weight & Lifestyle
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 22 minutes later
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

During childhood and adolescence there is an area at the ends of the bones in the arms and legs that is involved in producing new bone. This allows for increase in height or growth during this time.
At the end of adolescence , this area stops working, it does not produce any more bone so no further length can be added.

This is the reason that growth hormone can be given to children and adolescents to increase their height. If it is given to any one pass this stage there is no increase in height , increased growth hormone in adults results in a condition called agromegaly. In this condition there is just an increase in soft tissue such as increased size of the forehead, widening of the nose, increase size of the fingers.

So unfortunately at your age, because the ends of your bone have stopped making more bone, it would not be possible to add height.

Some persons recommend the use of yoga and pilates. Yoga involves alot of stretching and pilates increase the strength of the core muscles. It is thought that these would improve posture and strength and lead to the appearance of increased height.

i hope this helps. Feel free to ask any other questions