Want to increase height. Suggest something which helps to grow?

General Surgeon
I am from India. I am 22 year old n my height is about 5 3" I really want to increase my height. Please suggest me something which can really help me to grow. My email is YYYY@YYYY
Posted Thu, 11 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 4 hours later

Thank you for the query.

Unfortunately I do not have good news for you. You need to know that at your age, bones grow is completed. And nothing can be done with it. Your bones has no ability to become longer. And it means you can not increase your height with any medicine. It is possible to become heavier, but not taller.

There is a surgical method where the surgeon cuts the leg bones and puts special apparatus (it is called Llizarov apparatus). This apparatus keeps the bone broken and allows to make them longer. But this should be used only in case of really short persons. You may discuss with orthopedist about this method.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.