Want to increase height. Have got Stup up. Is growth hormone helpful?

Hello Sir, My age is 22+ and my height is 5 ft and 2 inches. Is there any way to grow 3 to 5 inches. Please suggest me, I am getting depressed with this problem. In the market there are many product in this regard. I have purchased a product name "Stup up", but not use it till now. Is it helpful or not. Is growth hormone use in body can help me or it has a major side effect.
Posted Tue, 23 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Thank you so much for this query. I am Dr. Ditah and feel honored having this opportunity to respond to your health query today. I am so sorry to hear about your unhappiness with your height and the desire to gain a few more inches.

From your age, I am afraid to tell you there is no more possibility for you to increase your height. Our height increases as a result of the growth plate at the end of our long bones continuously dividing and making us grow taller. This process comes to an end around the age of 18years when all these growth plates have fused and there is no more possibility of increasing in height. We however return our ability to increase in size and weight but not gain extra height.

There are many products out there to help people increase in height like various hormonal formulations. They are indicated in younger people who still have the ability of increasing in height. Once this ability is already lost like in your case, no amount of products can make it any different.

In a very very few people, there may be a delay but i doubt if this is possible seen your age of 22+. If you want to explore this rare opportunity, you may want to XXXXXXX with an orthopedic surgeon who will do an Xray and determine whether your growth plates are still active or not. The chances of them still being active are very very minimal in your case.

None of these products can help you at this age. please, i know it is difficult for someone who really wishes to gain a few more inches to hear this. My honest advice is that you save all this money and not squander on products that will leave you feeling even more disappointed.

There are certain things in our lives we cannot change. This is one of those things in yours at this point. How you react to this will shape what your future will look like. Please, do not allow yourself to get into depression for something that has no way out. This will only make the problem bigger and not better. Try and accept the unchangeable and learn how to be happy with. I will like you not to let yourself tied down by height issues. See yourself as not being short but being less tall than others. it is relative and never and absolute term. I live with pygmies who would consider you the tallest in their society, yet you still think you are short!! At times, look a little lower to know you are not the last but just another person in a long continuum.
I hope this addresses your query fully and provide ample information for you to make sound clinical judgement. If you have more questions related to the above query, I am ready and very happy to address them.
Once more, thank you for this opportunity and for using our services. We truly appreciate it.
Wish you all the best of health and peace of mind.
Dr. Ditah, MD.
Follow-up: Want to increase height. Have got Stup up. Is growth hormone helpful? 9 hours later
Hello Sir,
I have heard from many people that, jumping and some of physical exercise can help to gain the hidden height. So if there is any hope tell me about that. Is there are any hormone injection without side effect can help me to increase my height tell me please.
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 3 hours later
Hi and thank you so much for all these follow up questions.

The answer is NO. There is nothing that can be done at this age for you to gain more height. There are no exercises nor drugs that can do any good to you now as concerns this height issue.

I am so sorry about this troubling thought. I honestly wished I could say any thing different that could XXXXXXX your desires. For now, bear with me that nothing can be done.

I Wish you good health.
Dr. Ditah, MD.