Ask a Homeopath   »  

Want to increase height. Dr. Ayurveda does it help, what treatment should be taken?

Am 36yrs now and am 5' 6" tall, I want to increase my height by atleast 3 more inches. What should I do. Should I go for Dr. Ayurveda, does it help?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Alternative Medicine
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Increasing your height at the age of 36 is quite a challenging task. After you attain puberty, the long bones of the body stop growing further as their growing ends fuse with the bone. These bones then attain a permanent size.
There are many pills, injections etc available through internet which claim to increase your height. Dr. Ayurveda is one of them. Their efficacy is doubtful and the side effect profile is unpredictable. Please do not waste your time, energy and money on them.
Regular yoga practice is known to help in improvement of the posture and ease tension in the body which, in turn, can help make a person feel taller. Several yoga positions can help to maximize these effects.
Your height totally depends on your age and in some cases your family average height. Drinking milk , stretching and proper sleep can increase your height as the secretion of growth hormone is increased during the sleep specially in the early morning hours.
To produce extra Growth Hormone, develop an effective grow taller exercise program. Scientific studies have shown that the brain releases a larger quantity of GH after aerobic exercises.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.