Want to increase height. Can I take step up body growth formula?

Average

Question
Hi I m 24 male and just seen ad of step up body growth formula. can u plz suggest is it effective or just a fake. my height is 5 ft 6 inches. if this medicine is not good then can you please suggest a medicine or anything to increase my height atleast 2 to 3 inches
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 2 hours later

I can understand your concern for height increase considering your age, your height is perfectly normal. Having step up body growth formula without a doctor’s prescription may be harmful and it is not going to increase the height at 24 years of age.

Men can grow upto 22-25 years of age. Height is mostly dependent on genetic factors i.e. the height of your parents and a few others like environmental factors like nutrition etc. If you have had a pubertal spurt in height, the next few inches in growth will be slow and gradual.

The best that can be advised to improve your height is to have adequate diet with a slightly increased amount of proteins (milk, eggs, poultry, meat, soyabean, pulses etc) and adequate vitamins and minerals. It is also essential to compensate this with adequate physical work out and stretching exercises (you could join a gym/ yoga classes).

Powders and shakes is not going to increase the height. In addition to these there is a possibility of increasing height through orthopedic surgery of the legs but it is not without side effects and the pros and cons should be discussed in detail with a good orthopedic surgeon.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Follow-up: Want to increase height. Can I take step up body growth formula? 4 hours later
is there any other way to increase the height other than surgery.
i want to get into army so i need more height. so please help

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 19 hours later

Thanks for writing back to me.

The actual height a person achieves depends on both genetic factors and personal factors. So if your parents or grandparents and most members of the family have this average height, you will inherit it from them. Unfortunately at this age, there is nothing you can do about this part apart from surgery.

Have confidence in yourself and your abilities. Walking straight and with confidence adds an inch to your height.