Want to grow taller. Among Aromatase Inhibitor, Anastrozole and Formestane. Which one is effective and safe?

Hi there, I have already consulted two earlier questions concerning the same topic which I am about to explain.
I am a 14 year old boy, and I am aiming to grow taller than my genetic heigh which is approximately 175 cm. I have done quite some research on the endocrine system, as well as growth hormones (somatotropin, tev-tropin etc.) however I concluded that it has many side-effects, especially in those who do not necessarily need it, and are not prescribed by the doctor to get it.
After sometime I found out that Estrogen is the cause of the epiphyseal plate closure and also read an article that Anastrozole can inhibit that process and allow you to grow for a longer period of time (which usually results in a taller height).
Now I come to the conclusion that there shouldn't be any severe side-effects, other than some tensions, pains/cramps and that it does not require any prescription as it's not a steroid, but I see that there are many Estrogen inhibitors, such as; Aromatase Inhibitor, Anastrozole, Formestane and many other products, I would just like to know which one is more effective (dosage and product), if this at all is safe, and whether or not it is indeed useful.
Posted Fri, 2 Aug 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 1 hour later
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question.

Any effort to bypass your "genetically determined" growth potential is going to come with significant short and long-term side effects. It is simply not healthy to pursue such a course, especially while you are still growing. You are currently 5 ft 8 inches tall, and will likely still gain some height as you continue to mature.

With regard to Anastrozole, here are the reported side effects:

1. Chance of developing ischemic cardiovascular disease = 4%
2. Chance of developing high blood = 2%
3. Mood disturbance = 19%
4. Fatigue = 19%,
5. Pain = 11% to 17%
5. Headaches = 9% to 13%
6. Depression = 5% to 13%
7. Rash = 6% to 11%
8. Hot flashes = 12% to 36%
9. Nausea = 11% to 19%
10. Vomiting = 8% to 13%
11. Weakness = 16% to 19%
12. Arthritis = 17%
13. Bone pain = 6% to 11%
14. Osteoporosis (thinning of your bones) = 11%

So, I respect your extensive research, but pursuing such a course is not without short term side effects, not to mention the long term effects on your heart and bones. This is clearly not a good idea. Worse yet, such a discussion should not be attempted 'over-the-counter'. One thought to consider is a visit with an Endocrinologist to discuss your concerns and goals.

I wish you the best of luck.