Want to go for Hair Transplantation as front head line has gone. Suggest?

Dec 2013

I want to go for Hair Transplantation as my front head line has gone. Could you please suggest good doctors and hospital/clinic in Bangalore.

Posted Thu, 24 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Visit skin department at Govt Medical College

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for posting your query to Healthcare magic.

I can understand your concern for losing hair from the front of the head. Your condition is "male pattern baldness" or medically as "Androgenic alopecia". I can see that you are 27 years of young man.

Hair transplantation is a very good option for the restoration of hair line in your age group. Before going for hair transplantation a complete analysis is needed to know the exact pattern of hair loss, grade of hair loss and physical examination of the area along with certain other details. Along with this, you should know that it is the last means of hair restoration and requires lot of patience form patient and expertize from the operating doctor.

The cost factor of the procedure varies from one doctor to another and may start from thousand of rupees to up to mutiple lacks. So a very important factor is the cost factor too in deciding about the surgery.

Bangalore is the hub of cosmetic surgeries in India with very good operating doctors as well as places.But I would recommend you to visit the skin department of Government Medical College at Bangalore where you can be advised best regarding the procedure as well pros and cons and feasibility of the procedure in yourself. At Medical college level you will get the best of suggestions so that you can get your value for money.

After that you can take the best of decision to go for hair transplantation surgery accordingly.

I hope these informations will help you. If you have any other queries I will be happy to help.

Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia
MD Dermatology