Want to get pregnant. Prescribed siphene. Should treatment to concieve be taken or is it better to wait?

Dear Doctor,
I just got married 6months back. And my in laws are awaiting for baby and took me for check up. Doctor gave me Siphene tablet to have from the 5th day of mensural cycle. I just wanted to know can I have this tablet or let me wait till 1year to get baby. Is it advisable to take treatment now? And please let me know the purpose of the tablet and side effect for the same. After having this tablet will my uterus function will change permanently? will that affect me in future or second pregnancy?

Please let me know better way to get pregnancy or any other friendly medicine.. Is folic acid good for health? if yes which tablet has no side effects??

Please explain everything in detail..
Posted Sun, 24 Jun 2012 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 26 minutes later
Siphene tablet is safe and will increase your chances of pregnancy. It induces ovulatiuon and egg release.
Ideally, treatment for conception is started when the couple does not concieve even after 1 year of sincere trial during the fertile days.
Taking Siphene will produce effect on your ovaries for only one cycle. It will not affect you in future or your second pregnancy.
Folic acid is a dietary supplement natuirally present in small quantities in XXXXXXX vegetables. It does not show any side effects. It helps in development of neural tube in the baby.
Both of you should try to have regular intercourse during the ovulation days or fertile days(9 to 16 days in a regular cycle of 28 to 30 days duration).The frequency of intercourse during ovulation should be at least every alternate days.
Start taking folic acid supplements regularly.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Want to get pregnant. Prescribed siphene. Should treatment to concieve be taken or is it better to wait? 2 hours later
Thank you for your response Dr XXXXXXX Tayal,

As my Doctor has asked me to take this tablet continuously for 5days after my periods. Can I take such way?? or one day of intake is enough?

Normally one egg forms in one cycle for women, after taking siphene tablet will it produce more eggs?

these eggs will be formed all at a time or each other days??

As now I did not complete my one year of marriage life, is it advisable to intake medicine??

As I surfed few side effect of siphene in the net which ends up in cyst in uterus, is it so?

Sure will in take XXXXXXX veg as per your suggestions. Also please let me know some good food habit to get pregnant.

Thanks in advance Dr. XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
Taking siphene for one day will not produce any effect. It has to be taken for 5 days continuously for proper effect.
Siphene can cause multiple egg formation but all the eggs will mature and will be released at the same time.
You can try the natural method for conception for one year. If you are not successful till then, you can start with treatment after consulting your gynecologist.
Cyst in the uterus or ovaries is one of the rare side effects. Please do not worry. This is seen in less than 1% of patients.
Healthy food in general and vitamin E supplements will help in early conception.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.