Want to fix hernia repair reopened. Suggest?

My husband is looking for someone to fix a hernia repair that has reopened. I need some advise on who I can go to in the Duluth Superior Area.
Posted Thu, 17 Oct 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Prasad 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Report back to the first surgeon...

Detailed Answer:

As per statistical data, hernia recurrence after surgical repair was fairly common (about 15%) in the past; however with latest techniques of nonabsorbable and stable mesh, reopening/recurrence is a very rare incident. Due to the fact that your old surgeon would have a clear knowledge of the procedure performed, it makes sense to discuss with him/her about most probable reason for recurrence first before you consider visiting a new doctor.

For a new doctor, he can choose a general surgeon with good experience in handling hernia and who is approachable. I have read about positive reviews about Dr. XXXXXXX S Pit. This doctor practices at 400 E 3rd St, Duluth, MN 0000. You may try this doctor after discussing with your primary surgeon.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.