Want to do IVF cycle, taken Lupride inj. Delayed periods due to Lupride?

hello doctor, we want to do ivf cycle this month, i have started lupride inj. from 12th of last month, my menses are due on 19th of last month but not yet come. Is lupride inj is can be reason for this?
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later

Inj. Lupride causes irregular menstruation - the complete absence of menstruation and increased menstrual cramping. Since you have taken the injection on 12th august, you will have to wait for normal periods to come before planning for IVF in this cycle.

You also need to monitor your T3, T4 and TSH levels to rule out hypothyroidism as it is also one of the main causes of delayed periods. Consult your primary care doctor / gynecologist under whos guidance you may plan the above tests.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.