Want to delay periods. Took Primolut-N. Should I continue the tablets?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2013
Mar 2013
Question
I want to delay my period as I am going on a holiday. My period was supposed to start on 24th however it has lightly begun and I took a dose of Primolut-N at night yesterday. Can I continue the same tablet 3 times for the next 5 days? Or is there any other medicine I should take and what dose. Please suggest. Thanks
Posted Thu, 7 Nov 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
CAN TRY DOING IT, NO GUARANTEE AS PERIOD HAS BEGUN

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Once the period has actually begun, Primolut - N generally does not stop it.
However, you have no other option now, as no medication would actually stop a period.
So, you can try continuing taking the same tablet thrice a day for the next 5 days.
Please let me know around what dates you want to avoid bleeding, so I could guide you better.
Also, primolut - N is a prescription drug, and it is recommended to take it only after a proper gynecological evaluation.
All the best.
Looking forward to hearing from you.

Follow-up: Want to delay periods. Took Primolut-N. Should I continue the tablets? 11 minutes later
I want to stop the bleeding from 20th to 25th.

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
CONTINUE PRIMOLUT

Detailed Answer:
Hi
In that case, the ONLY option for you to try is to continue taking the Primolut - N thrice a day, and if the flow stops, then continue taking it till the 25th.
All the best.