Want to abort child at eight weeks. Is MTP kit safe or surgical abortion?

My wife is pregnant, but we don't need the child right now. Already 7-8 weeks has passed. We consulted to a Gynecology she has given us 2 option one through MTP Kit and another to admit in hospital for abortion. Some says not to take medicine its harmful and some says abortion is harmful. We are confused what to do. Pls help me.
Posted Tue, 3 Jul 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 4 hours later

Thanks for writing to us

If it is your first pregnancy I would advise to continue with it

Regarding the choices between medical and surgical abortion , as she is 7-8 weeks pregnant the evacuation method or surgical abortion would be a better choice

Taking medicines is safe only in early gestation

Abortion has its own side effects so should be done by well qualified doctor

Best wishes

Follow-up: Want to abort child at eight weeks. Is MTP kit safe or surgical abortion? 2 hours later
Thank you Mam,
But my parents are not allowing us to do abortion, they think that abortion has many side-effect.i.e. It is very harmful for the body, is it so ?
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 46 minutes later

Welcome once again

Yes they are right as abortion can cause tubal blockage in some cases which leads to infertility later on

If it is your first baby then I would advise you to continue with it

Best wishes