Want recommendation on good hearing aid center in Bangalore. How is hearing aid prescribed?

ENT Specialist
I was advised that hearing aid is a amplication device used for hearing loss and is safe enought to be used to address the impediments of hearing loss.
We are based at J P Nagar 7th phase in Bangalore, so may I request you to recommend any good hearing aid center in and around J P Nagar or Jayanagar.

Also is there any time or assessment for prescribing the hearing aid. Or in generic what will be the procedure that will be followed.

Thanks for your advise.

Posted Tue, 9 Apr 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Ravinder Sharma 7 hours later
It appears this question has been asked again as a new post. I am posting the same answer ( the opne I have posted in your query) here also

Thanks for your follow up query

I would advise you for a good brand hearing aid - like Alps or siemens are good options. There are options like the behind the ear hearing aid, body worn hearing aid , in the canal hearing aid or completely in the canal hearing aid. Besides this there are digital and non digital hearing aids.

At your age I would suggest a behind the ear hearing aid (digital) of Alps or siemens. It is mandatory to get a pure tone audiometry done before a hearing aid is purchased as there are differnt hearing aids depending on the degree of hearing loss. I will not be able to help you about the place where you can find one. But if you look for a ALPS outlet at bangalore you can easily find it on google or you can write a mail to alps headquarters at delhi so that they can guide you about it.

I hope this answers your concern. Feel free to contact me if you require more information about it

with regards
Ravinder Sharma