Want dandruff-free hair, have dandruff due to dryness. Remedy?

Hi doctor!
I have been trying n number of treatments but my hair r still not dandruff free,then i got my scalp checked from a skin specialist and got to know it dryness,kindly advice a remedy ,as it been more then a year i m trying to come out of it.
Posted Thu, 4 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rajeev Chavda 8 minutes later
Welcome to HCM!
Thanks for posting your query. I am happy to address your questions. Dandruff in hair is a common problem and means dry and itchy scalp, it could be due to associated fungus infection causing seborrheic dermatitis or just dryness. If you have treated with ketoconazole or ciclopirox olamine shampoos, then you need to ensure to use moisturising and hydrating shampoos to provide nourishment and avoid it from getting dry like anaphase or kertyol pso shampoo. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, I will be happy to help. Thanks
Follow-up: Want dandruff-free hair, have dandruff due to dryness. Remedy? 8 minutes later
Thanks Dcotor for a quick response.I would want to know that which shampoo and oil should i use as i have massive hairfall also beacuse of this,have tried x gain medicated shampoo,dove hair fall threapy,now have started using loreal,and side by side i m taking avitin 7 tablets also.still there is no hair has no volume left.

Kindly advice a remedy.
Answered by Dr. Rajeev Chavda 4 minutes later
Thanks for your kind response, as mentioned you could use the above shampoos and if your hairfall is due to lack of nutritional supplements you can even add anastim or renucia lotion as well. With these lotion often initially there could be associated hairfall for the hair which are in catagen phase for growth of new hair. Else you can visit your dermatologist for better followup. If you have no further clarifications, will request you to kindly close the query and rate it. Thanks