Want advice about medications and precautions taken by me

Respected doctor,
advise me about my medication and the precautions to be taken by me!
Posted Tue, 2 Oct 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 38 minutes later
Your medicine for BP is correct.
Make sure that your BP is controlled well and so you must keep a regular track of your blood pressure.
It is good that you are doing regular exercises.Keep doing it.
Ask your doctor regarding adding of low dose aspirin.
The only bad thing in your history is consumption of alcohol on regular basis.
The dose of alcohol to be used should not exceed 80 ml in a day and not more than 80 grams in a week.
80 grams mean 240 ml in a week.
Since you are consuming a larger amount of alcohol,you are advised to cut the quantity of alcohol as this may eventually lead to alcoholic hepatitis and cirrhosis.
Keep a regular check of blood sugar,uric acid,liver function tests.
Alcohol depletes your calcium levels and B12 levels of body,so keep a watch on it and must take some supplements in consultation with your doctor.

I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Follow-up: Want advice about medications and precautions taken by me 2 days later
Sir, Thank u very much for ur prompt reply and I am satisfied of this! In fact I know the consumption of alcohol is not good to health! Moreover, my wife being an M Pharm advise me lot! It is a matter of great concern for me!

Sir I would like to request u as what additional medicine I shall continue for calcium and vitamin B12. The tests as u suggested are being conducted regularly!

with regards

urs sincerely
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
You must take some VIT D as calcirol sachets once a month.
Take calcium like SHELKAL twice a day.
For VIT B12,you may take methycobal 1500 mg once a day.