Waking up with severe pain. Have swollen fingers and suffer stifness. What to do? Remedy?

I have been affected by a condition for the last 25 years which has received every junk diagnosis in and on the books. I am now 71 years old, and am waking each morning in severe pain, although I take prescribed class 2 pain meds. The most recent symptoms are waking with my hands almost useless for several hours, wrists swollen, and fingers in varying degrees of stiffness and extraordinary pain. I have some degree of osteoarthritis, which does not impede my activities. Any thoughts?
Posted Sun, 20 Oct 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Some clarifications

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for using health care magic for posting your query.

I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.

However I would require a couple of more details to help you in answering your query in a better justified way.

1. Have you been investigated for RA factor anytime
2. Ones the swelling and pain comes how long does it last. Or is it threre all the time.
3. Any medical issues?

Hope to hear from you at your earliest convenience.

Regards and wish you good health,

Dr. Srikanth Reddy MD

Neuro-Psychiatrist and Sexologist