Waking up with dry mouth, chest pressure, nausea, tingling in fingers and toes. Cause?

When I go to bed, exactly 45 minutes after I am sleep, I wake up with dry mouth, chest pressure, nausea, tingling in fingers and toes. Why does this happen? My cardiologist says my heart is in good condition.
Posted Wed, 3 Jul 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Omer 1 hour later

I am Dr.Omer and I am here to help you with your query

As you have said that you have dry mouth , chest pain , nausea , tingling in fingers and toes , with a normal heart

Following are the plausible cause of the description of your symptoms

Yes , your cardiologist is right that your heart is normal , but there are diseases like disturbed rhythm of heart while sleeping known as arrhythmias , you need to get a hotler test just to check , plus ARE you a smoker ? / chronic alcoholism? , which makes more chance of this disease .

Stomach burning known as Gastritis , mostly occurs at night due to maximum acid production at night , which causes dry mouth , nausea , chest heaviness , tingling in fingers and toes , you need to go to gastroenterologist for this , so that he can precribe you stomach coaters like omeprazole

In the end i would say nothing to worry about , as both the above conditions are completely treatable , and you will get a good night sleep

I hope this explains your query

feel free to ask any further questions

Follow-up: Waking up with dry mouth, chest pressure, nausea, tingling in fingers and toes. Cause? 14 hours later
I don't smoke or drink. Does this mean arrhythmia can be excluded or not?

I also workout everyday.
Answered by Dr. Omer 7 hours later
Hello again

Smoking and drinking can make your heart prone to any disease from vessel blockage and hence resultant rhythm disturbances

I am happy that you dont smoke and drink and you do work out , which makes a less chance of any heart arrhythmia , still a hotler for 24 hrs will resolve your and mine tension (its a simple test ) as your age is 47 years , discuss it with your cardiologist

So the other more common cause left in your age will be Gastritis , i think a trail of PPI like omeprazole will solve your problem , taken at night and in morning empty stomach.Discuss this too with your cardiologist

I hope this explains your query

Your feedback is important for US