Waking up nauseous and taking zoloft. Stomach area hurts with pressure and stool is normal. Advise?

Been waking up (5:30 am) nauseous for nearly 12 weeks. Long before Zoloft. Usually goes away in 2-3 hours. Rarely but occasionally during the day also. Never vomit. Does not seem to be food related. Happens no matter what I eat or if I eat nothing. Stomach area hurts with pressure. Stool normal with no color change or unusual odor, daily, no blood. Urine regular with no unusual color or odor. No headache,
Posted Fri, 6 Sep 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 10 days later
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM).

These symptoms may be the side effects of tablet lamictal. It contains lamotrigine and causes side effects like nausea, abdominal pain, indigestion from which you are suffering. So I will advise you to discuss regarding this with your treating doctor to either replace it if feasible or add a proton pump inhibitor like rabeprazole along with a prokinetic agent like domperidone which will relieve these symptoms.

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. Remain in touch and get-well soon.