Ask a Urologist   »  

Wake up with UTI symptoms but they go away and urination normal. Suggest?

Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist
Question
If you wake up with uti symptoms but they go away and you're able to urinate like normal, should I still see a doctor or if the symptoms go away am I ok.
Posted Tue, 15 Oct 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You do not need to see a doctor.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for using Healthcare Magic.
If your symptoms disappear then it will not be necessary to visit your doctor. You do not mention what your symptoms are but if they should appear again then I would suggest you do see your doctor. There is a possibility that they may be due to another cause for example a pulled muscle may give you pain in the loin area, similar to a urinary infection.
Hope this helps you. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Dr K A Pottinger,
MBChB FRCA

Follow-up: Wake up with UTI symptoms but they go away and urination normal. Suggest? 12 minutes later
One more question my symptoms were frauent need to urinate, urination was slighty pink, with little coming out. And while straining some brown blood and clear chunks came out and it was s bit painful when they did. Could that be a uti again there a slight tingle now but irination is normal color and it just feel sensitive. Could they have beem kidney stones ?

Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Suggest you see a doctor.

Detailed Answer:
HI,
Thank you for the further more detailed information.
It would appear that you may have difficulty in passing urine due to blockage by a clot then when you have strained you have passed the clot. This has then allowed you to pass urine more easily but, in passing the clot, you have caused a bit of inflammation which is why it feels sensitive.
There are a few possibilities for these symptoms. It may be a stone as you mention. It may be some problem with the lining of your bladder which has caused inflammation and bleeding.
I would suggest you need to seek the advice of a urologist who may wish to examine your bladder more closely with a cystoscopy.
My advice has changed from my first reply as I was unclear what your symptoms had been. Thank you for the clarification.
I hope this has helped you. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Dr K A Pottinger,
MBChB FRCA