Wake up in middle of sleep with a sudden strong sexual urge. Masturbating to control it. Is this normal?

Excellent

Infertility Specialist
Question
my problem is I wake up in middle of sleep with a sudden strong sexual urge. to control it i masturbate and again go to sleep. all this happens with my concern. is this something normal or peculiar.
basically i have a fear that in such circumstances i would be acting on my partner sleeping beside me. presently am a bachelor living with my friends. my fear is that i may show that urges on the one sleeping beside me. will this really happen. because i wake up with strong urge but am aware of everything going on at that time. actually i didn't react badly on anyone but i have that fear. is this something abnormal. i had this kind of situation for 3 times within the past 10 years.
i had a situation one day. i woke up one day in middle of sleep and had a very strong urge. i was about to act one the one sleeping beside me but i realized and controlled it. now am getting fear with that situation. please help me.
Posted Sun, 3 Nov 2013 in Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 19 hours later
Brief Answer:
Its natural

Detailed Answer:
Hi, its normal to have high hormonal levels in middle of night. This leads to sexual excitement. It is natural to feel sexual urge and mastrubation. It is safe to masturbate. Dont worry about it. Try to control your urges on people sleeping besides you as you have successfully done till now. Try to sleep in different part of room by giving some excuse.

Follow-up: Wake up in middle of sleep with a sudden strong sexual urge. Masturbating to control it. Is this normal? 2 days later
Thank you Dr XXXXXXX for your response. I actually have another small doubt. When I was 19 or 20, suddenly in the middle of sleep I found that I was without pants. But actually I didn't remember when did I remove my pants off. Does that happen once in a while.
Is this pretty normal or am I suffering from any sleeping disorder. Please clarify me

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
its normal

Detailed Answer:
Hi, its normal to happen like this once in a while. Forget about it and live normal life. Regards

Follow-up: Wake up in middle of sleep with a sudden strong sexual urge. Masturbating to control it. Is this normal? 26 hours later
Thank you. But these situations are embarrassing me a lot. And by the way how can I avoid these situations in the future. Is there any remedy for this.

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
yoga

Detailed Answer:
Hi, you can practice yoga and meditation to control yourself. Regards