Waht causes skin lesions and ithching from head to toe?

Dermatologist
Question
I am a 32 yo married mother of two. What could these lesions/bumps be? I had a yeast infection last week and now I have the flu. I also woke up with hives and I'm itchy from head to toe. Any ideas? My husband and I have been monogamous for 17 years. Thank you
Posted Mon, 10 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 32 minutes later
Brief Answer: Acute urticaria Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for the query, From your description it seems that you might have developed acute urticaria. It is an allergic condition. If you can upload a photo of the lesions I will be better able to help. Anything including food, cloth, change in climate, pollens etc can cause urticaria. You need to find out the cause and avoid it. Treatment can be with oral antiallergics like tablet cetrizine. Steroids like prednisolone are also helpful but cannot be used for long. Please meet a dermatologist for exact diagnosis. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Wishing you a good health. Thank you

Follow-up: Waht causes skin lesions and ithching from head to toe? 18 minutes later
I should have been more specific. I had edited my question a few times and I must have deleted the most important factor. The bumps are around my vagina.

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 19 hours later
Brief Answer: yeast infection Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the photograph. The lesion appears like ulcer. Do you have pain in these lesions? Does your husband have similar lesions? Please let me know in detail about your symptoms, so that I can help you better. Since you are in a monogamous relation, it is unlikely to be a STD. However, do get back to me with the details. Thank you

Follow-up: Waht causes skin lesions and ithching from head to toe? 4 hours later
No, my husband does not have anything similar. There is very little pain, if any, just tender to the touch. There is that one in the picture, a smaller one next to it, and then a very small one on the other side. What can I do to make them go away?I have also broken out in an extremely itchy rash all over. Could it be related?

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 11 hours later
Brief Answer: yeast infection Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the follow up. If it is painless STD can be ruled out. You mentioned yeast infection. Was it completely treated? Usually yeast infection is recurrent. This too is looking like an episode of yeast infection. Yes itchy urticaria lesion can be associated with yeast infection. I would suggest you to meet a gynecologist and get tested. A scraping from the lesion will be tested for presence of yeast and treated accordingly. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you