WHat does serum HCG level of less than 1.2 indicate?

Excellent
Question
Had a beta quantitative serum hcg done today. Period due tomorrow. Result was >1.2. Can I assume not pregnant.
Posted Mon, 17 Mar 2014 in Getting Pregnant

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Unlikely to be pregnant. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for choosing Healthcaremagic. Serum HCG level of less than 5mIU/ml is said to be negative test for pregnancy. As you are due to period tomorrow and considering your HCG report its highly unlikely to be pregnant. What I advise you is wait for your period. If you are not planning for pregnancy please consider good contraceptive measure. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!

Follow-up: WHat does serum HCG level of less than 1.2 indicate? 17 minutes later
Hi Dr. XXXXXXX I must ask you one more thing. Here is why I am concerned. On February 11 I had the flex-T iud in. I did not have sex but did end up getting sperm on my underwear from his underwear touching mine which I wore for 4 hours after. I had a tubal ligation the next day February 12 where my surgeon also took out the iud. I am just scared that since he took out the iud I was not protected from any Sperm, even highly unlikely, that may have gotten through. Does the copper iud kill sperm as soon as it enters?

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Unlikely to become pregnant. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thank you for the follow up question. I apologize for the late response; I was away from my computer due to unavoidable reasons. Coming back to your question, kindly do not worry, the act you mentioned usually will not lead to pregnancy. As you were on flex 'T' IUD your endometrium (uterine lining) will be unreceptive for the fertilized ovum, so its unlikely to become pregnant, moreover the copper ions are TOXIC for the sperms, even if they have entered it would have been killed. As you have undergone tubal ligation there is no need to worry about future pregnancy. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!

Follow-up: WHat does serum HCG level of less than 1.2 indicate? 39 hours later
Thank you so much for your reassurance. Sorry wasnt able to read your message until now. Got my period thank goodness!!! Thanks again and will click to make sure you get credit .

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Thank you Detailed Answer: Hello, Thank you for the compliments. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a REVIEW as well. Please do not forget to accept my answer so that I receive credit. Thank you, Wish you good health. Regards, Dr Arif You can consult me again directly through my profile WWW.WWWW.WW