WBC in urine, pain, pressure in vagina, stinging, burning sensation while urinating, gray discharge, fishy odour

I have been to the doctors but i am waiting test results in a few days. I have had my urine dipped and I have showed up as having white blood cells in my urine. I have a considerable amount of pain / pressure in side my vagina like a stinging burning sensation before and after i pee. it also hurts constantly like a throbbing stinging ache inside my vagina when not peing. I also have whitish grey discharge that has a fishy odour, Please help me the pain is getting bad.
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 26 minutes later

If you are in XXXXXXX pain, it is good to take a pain killer with Ibuprofen, 400mg. This is available over the counter.

The symptoms that you are having point towards two possibilities. Along with these possibilities, from your urine examination, presence of white blood cells indicates UTI is in conjunction with the vaginal infection. The first possibility is of bacterial vaginosis of which you are already having a history. There are normal bacteria residing near the vagina and in bacterial vaginosis, there is a disruption of these bacteria which may be caused by a change in the type of bacteria found in the vagina. In addition to unpleasant "fishy" vaginal odor, thin white or yellowish discharge from vagina may also be present. Bacterial vaginosis has been associated with the development of pelvic inflammatory disease and other infections. This may be causing pain which you are experiencing.

The second possibility is of trichomoniasis. The characteristic symptom of trichomoniasis infection is a heavy, frothy, fishy-smelling discharge from the vagina. The infection can also cause discomfort during sex, vaginal itching, pain when passing urine and occasionally stomach pains.

Diagnosis can be confirmed only after pelvic examination and swab samples of the discharge and cervix swabs. In addition you need to get a urine culture sensitivity test done to confirm the antibiotics which are sensitive to the infective agent causing UTI.

I suggest you to consult a primary physician and get investigated for these three causes. Till that time, drink plenty of water as it helps in flushing out the infective bacteria.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions then please do post us. Wishing you good health.